- UCAS Code: Not Applicable
- Course duration: 2 years (full-time) / 4 years (part-time)
- Direct line: 0203 3888 900
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The BA (Hons) Music Entrepreneurship equips the aspiring music entrepreneur with the knowledge and skills needed to function effectively in the fast-changing landscape of the music industry. The course aims to develop critical, contextually and culturally aware practitioners through the production of a mature body of work.
Under the guidance of today’s working professionals, the course provides you with essential information on the functionality of the industry and how to create and exploit multiple income streams for both the new and established artist. Free-thinking and individuality are encouraged and students can choose areas of specialism within the parameters of the course.
The intensive nature of the course enables learners to become skilled practitioners and provides the freedom for them to develop their own unique and innovative methods of working. The online delivery mode provides you with flexible access to lectures and multi-media course content through an interactive online delivery platform. This allows you to study at a time and place that suits you, whilst providing opportunities to network with peers working nationally and internationally on the same programme of study.
DIME ONLINE courses are offered in full-time accelerated mode, which enables you to complete your degree in two years. We also offer a part-time version for students who have work, family, and/or other commitments, which enables you to study at a less intensive pace over four years.
- World class artists and educators, active in the music industry and educational practice.
- Direct engagement with the industry through project-based work.
- A flexible learning model to suit your schedule.
- Collaboration within a global community, your regular interaction with peers and tutor group is not limited to geographical boundaries.
How is the course taught?
The delivery of the course will take place through a VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) called Canvas. A range of learning and teaching activities take place via this online delivery platform including:
- Substantial Weekly Lessons embedded into the delivery platform, featuring filmed tuition from the very best artists from around the world, underpinned by text, graphics or additional files as relevant.
- Signpost Sessions delivered by the Head of Department comprising film and text guidance on progression through the course, context, assessment, timing of feedback and providing inspiration and focus to the academic backbone of the course.
- Regular one-to-one tutorial guidance from the Head of Education and Head of Department on matters relating to the course, musical performance and student care.
- Exclusive Masterclasses from world famous artists comprising of bespoke filmed interviews and performances, angled towards supporting the learning aims of the courses.
- Online Conferencing to conduct real-time events and discussions within the course.
What you’ll do
Explore the course content by clicking on the sections below:
Stage 1: Level 4
Stage 2: Level 5
Stage 3: Level 6
Explore a free sample lesson in ‘Canvas’,
our interactive online learning environment
Throughout your studies with DIME you will come into contact with a range of artists, practitioners, educators, support and administrative staff. Your key contacts will be the Head of Education for DIME ONLINE and the Head of Department. You will enjoy regular contact with these people during your time with DIME.
In addition, your education will be enhanced by input from a range of experts whose contributions include the provision of masterclasses, participation in Q&A and interviews and input to the design and writing of specific modules.
The modes of assessment used in this award include:
- Portfolio of work
- Small in-lecture tasks (solo and group)
- Essays (critical, reflective, research-based)
- Case Studies
- Podcasts and digital media
- Project Presentation
- Project Documentation
In some cases, more than one mode of assessment will be used within a module to ensure that the learner can demonstrate that they have met all of the learning outcomes. The work produced for these assessments develops graduate outcomes required in employment, such as a high level of managerial and entrepreneurial competency, time management, written and oral communication, portfolio production, and team working. This is alongside self-motivation, independence and creativity of thought.
DIME ONLINE is deeply committed to providing career advice and support. This starts in the recruitment of a roster of tutors who exemplify the values of a successful self-employed music professional in today’s music industry. DIME ONLINE courses and learning outcomes reflect the music business as it is today, and our commitment to course development will ensure their currency in the future. Students are encouraged through the course to form realistic and achievable career goals, underpinned by research and experience, providing a genuine understanding of the structure and operation within the industry. The philosophy is described as ‘designing your own professional life’ and a musician will see this theme recurring throughout the course.
Further career opportunities/destinations may include:
- Artist/band manager
- Music entrepreneur
- Concert promoter
- Industry negotiator
- Tour manager
- Industry consultant
Further study opportunities include:
- Postgraduate Diploma or Master of Arts
- PGCHE (teaching course)